Job Posting as
Opening for GIS Engineer with RMSI, UKLocation: United Kingdom
|Designation||Opening for GIS Engineer with RMSI, UK|
|Job Description||The role:
The role requires the person to be the part of our global technical team and working onsite at the client site in Wales, UK. The candidate will be involved in requirement analysis, design, unit testing and deployment of GIS projects.
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Aberystwyth, Wales
Position Type: Permanent
• Full life cycle application development
• Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
• Performs software tests on code and enhancements.
• Develops software documentation.
• Troubleshoots software problems of limited difficulty.
• Interfaces with internal customers for requirements analysis.
• Technical Documentation
• Ensure client satisfaction through meeting client commitments, project related Client interaction, periodic visits, follow-up on client issues.
• Good Communication and client facing skills
• Experience of working in dual shore mode with exposure to offshore development
• Technical expertise in ASP.Net / C# / Web Services / SQL Server
• In-depth knowledge of GIS products (COTS/Open source) especially in ArcGIS 9.3/10 Server and Desktop 9.3/10 on SQL Server database.
• In-depth knowledge of C# and ASP.Net Framework 2.0/3.0/ 3.5.
• Knowledge of Microsoft development environment and technologies.
• Hands on exp on SQL server 2005 onwards
• Understanding of Pure MVC multi-core framework. (AS3), nUnit, nHibernate, nServiceBus, Castle Windsor, WCF and REST web services.
• Agile experience (SCRUM, CI) would be an added advantage.
• It would be beneficial for you to have practical knowledge of OOD
|Employment Status||Full time|
|Type of Remuneration||Salary plus incentives|
|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Geo Informatics|
|Professional Experience||3 Years|
|Company Name||RMSI Private Ltd|
RMSI is a CMMi level 5 assessed and ISO 9001:2008 certified company. The use of CMMi level 5 processes enables the company to steadily improve its organization-wide software processes and secure lasting benefits for its clients. Today, RMSI's resource base comprises over 1,200 software, data and technology specialists.
RMSI has regularly achieved a ‘pride of place’ in leading employer surveys such as the ‘Great Places to Work For’ study conducted by the Great Places to Work Institute, Inc, USA, the IDC-Dataquest ‘IT Best Employers’ Survey, and the NASSCOM ‘Exciting Emerging Companies to Work For’ study.
At the leading edge of geospatial and information technology, RMSI develops innovative solutions that integrate geographic information with niche business applications. RMSI's success hinges on its unparalleled domain expertise, and its unique application of geospatial technologies. We have a deserved reputation for developing high quality end-to-end customized solutions, on time and to budget.
|Number of Employees||101 - 1000|